We use the latest technology to reduce noise and pollution. Petrol two-stroke hedge cutters, strimmers and leaf blowers are extremely noisy and distracting to the local community. We therefore use:
- Professional battery operated tools, including lawn mowers, strimmers, hedge cutters, blowers and chainsaws. Noise levels can be more than halved and yet these machines are just as powerful as their petrol counterparts.
- Hand tools are always the preferred option and our favourite tool are secateurs. Hand tools are used for weeding, pruning, digging and mulching.
We blend traditional methods and new techniques to achieve good results using largely organic principles:
- Soil improvement using compost as a mulch, ideally from the site itself
- Organic, peat free compost (when imported)
- Hand weeding and removal of some pests
- Chipping of certain garden waste whenever possible for immediate composting. All other green waste, such as grass clippings and leaves are also composted
- Zero emissions battery operated machinery for grass and hedge cutting, strimming and blowing. Whenever possible we recharge batteries using renewable electricity.
- No pesticides used for killing weeds and insects, and this includes the popular glyphosate. All weeding is done by hand
- We are continually researching new ways to improve our techniques to ensure that gardening is safe for the environment, wildlife, people and their pets